Advice for writers from Tami Sagher (big time TV comedy writer, Inside Amy Schumer, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, Psych, MADtv, Broad City)
“Take an Improv class.”
Watch her video advice below:
IMPROV WORKOUT | PRACTICE & LEARN TO CONNECT TO THE SPONTANEITY WITHIN
Do you want to give yourself a competitive edge in the audition room, on stage, or in life? Improv is a great opportunity to have some fun and fuel your imagination!
It is no secret that there is an industry demand for skilled improv actors whom are quick on their feet and take risks with confidence. This is an improvisational workout geared towards helping actors find untapped creativity and enhance their skills as a performer. Build scenes, take risks and find unique choices that are memorable. Develop strong and exciting characters and get out of your head so you may open your eyes to new performance possibilities.
A two month session includes a comedy showcase.
Want to perform in a comedy showcase?
• Take this class, improve your comedic & audition skills.
• Take risks with the freedom of play & overcome mental blocks.
• Workout & strengthen your impulses.
• Heighten & Explore your passion and emotions through your voice & actions.
• Develop your creativity & learn to trust your instincts through improvised scenes & theater games
• Learn how to have your characters think as quickly on their feet as you can on yours.
• Break through self-imposed restrictions in a safe supportive space.
MICHELLE DANNER’s LOS ANGELES ACTING SCHOOL
located at Edgemar Center for the Arts in Santa Monica, California.
BEST ACTING SCHOOLS LOS ANGELES come see why?
2437 Main Street,Santa Monica, CA 90405
To learn about all the acting classes Los Angeles we offer call 310.392-0815