Learn more about our Visa Sponsorship


STEPS TO Apply for the M1 Visa


The M-1 Visa is provided for students studying at vocational schools in the United States

An international student applying for an M-1 student visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad will need to present the following:

  • I-20 Certificate of Eligibility Form provided by the Michelle Danner Los Angeles Acting School
  • Letter of admission provided by the Michelle Danner Los Angeles Acting School
  • Financial support documents (Current proof of support that would meet expenses for program duration as indicated on Form I-20 (i.e. bank statements, award letters or loan approval letters)
  • Passport valid for a minimum of six months into the future at the time of entry
  • Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 – Learn more about completing the DS-160. You must: 1) complete the online visa application and 2) print the application form confirmation page to bring to your interview.
  • Photo –You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. Your photo must be in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
  • Receipt for payment of $200 SEVIS Fee
  • Visa reciprocity fee may be required by home country. For more information, please visit https://travel.state.gov


Fill out the following visa forms. Many embassies have these posted on-line or you can go to https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html

Schedule an appointment with your local embassy. Many embassies will allow you to schedule and interview time on-line so be sure to check for that option.

Pay fees associated with your M-1 visa


How do you get an I-20?

 The first thing is to contact our school for an interview.
Once we have interviewed you, we will send you application form to fill out along with what should be included with your application.
If you are accepted we will walk you through the I-20 process, please note you will have to verify that the information is correct on the I-20.  We will assist you through out the process. Please keep in mind that you will have to show evidence that you can pay for the cost of tuition and living expenses for the time you are here.


Student Visas


Remember that trying to obtain a visa takes time, so make sure you start the process immediately after you have decided to attend our school. A signed Sevis Form I-20 from the Michelle Danner Los Angeles Acting School is necessary to apply for a student visa in your home country. Once all of your documents are in order, you must apply for your M1 student visa at a US Consulate or Embassy. If you are a citizen of a “Visa Exempt Country” like Canada you do not need a visa for entry but you must have all required documentation with you at the U.S. Port of Entry.
If you are currently in the U.S. as a visitor or student at another school, and if you are looking for the best acting classes Los Angeles provides, you may be able to apply to change your status and enroll or transfer to our acting school.

Preparation for your visa interview with the US consulate

• An Interview required: BE  ready to answer questions such as; How long do you plan to stay? Why do you want to study in the U.S. instead of your own country?

• Be ready to explain ties to home country and your plans to use your U.S. education in home country.

• Visa applications must be filled out completely and correctly. If a question does not apply to your situation, write in N/A (not applicable). This tells the officer that you have read the question, but that it does not apply your situation.

• Translations are needed with any documents not in English.

I: Bring to your Visa Interview:

• SEVIS I-20 Signed by the school & the student

• SEVIS Fee Receipt

• Passport valid for at least 6 months

• One 2×2 photo per person applying

If dependents will accompany you bring:

• Birth & marriage certificates

• Application materials & fees for dependents

• Financial documents as proof of family/student funds
– Affidavits of Support
– U.S. Sources – Form I-134
– Foreign Sources – Notarized Affidavits of Support II: Evidence of ties to home country

• Financial ties
– Current bank account statement (showing the balance & when established)
– Other Investments
– Family owned business
– Proof of University study
– Proof of University study
– Ownership of a residence in home country (a deed or lease)

• Employment or employment opportunities
– Employment confirmation letter
– Offers of employment upon return letter
– Statistics on projected position availability in field of study

• Family ties
– Immediate family in home country
– Leaving spouse and/or children
– Fiancé in home country