Songwriting & Music workshop
Develop your song writing skills for movies, music videos, theater performances
As with any art, it is important to exercise the muscles involved in creative expression daily, to develop the ability to accurately express emotion through verse. This course is a valuable asset to students who are willing to learn what it takes to write a great song for movies, music videos, theatre performances or even just online presentation to showcase their talent. The course will train students in the following:
1) Meditation – In other words ‘getting in the zone’ before the writing process.
2) Freestyle Writing – Students will be encouraged to write a page everyday which will assist them in expressing various emotions through words and eventually verse.
3) Song Writing – Students will practice writing to various instrumentals (including hip-hop, r&b, soul, etc.). This step will ensure that they are able to fit in their respective expressions within the desired duration.
4) Presentation – Students will practice editing their own material and will be directed to where and how to release their music
5) Performance- Students will be encouraged to perform their written material through a musical which will be showcased at
Edgemar Center for the Arts in the final week.
The classes will involve freestyle sessions which boost improvisational skills. Students will achieve comfort in expressing oneself through music.
Tuition for 6 weeks is $275 dollars but the 6 weeks does not include the final performance on the main stage at the Edgemar Center for the Arts.